a frozen colluage, By Tom  

Posted by Thom in

I was looking through some stuff and I found something of interest, it was an earlier piece I wrote; it was my fist stab at symbolism, tell me what you think. and plus now that the weather is cooling off I thought it appropriate. you'll have to forgive me it was I think the 4th poem I ever wrote; so its not very good, but its wintery......




Searching for true Happiness
By
Tom

The wind howled through the frozen vale,
or is that the wolves? no one can tell.
We trudged through snow five feet deep.
Oh how many lives did that winter reap!

Of fire we do dream,
of warmth, and home 'n many things
We left these in search of what?
something that this world can give us naught.



Oooohh yah and while we're on the subject of winter here is another one that I really like and I don't think is half bad, but its very short and has no title, please enjoy.


His body was stiff as frozen steel,
his face was clouded gray,
as he entered into eternal sleep
caused by the wounds received that day.

well y'all asked for posts so here was my little colluage of frozen pieces.

This entry was posted on November 21, 2009 at Saturday, November 21, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Very nice, though the second seems as if there could be a whole ballad before it! You should write one!

November 21, 2009 at 9:15 PM
Anonymous  

Good, good. I like the change of tone in the middle.

November 22, 2009 at 5:55 PM

pretty

November 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM

That last one really makes me want to know the WHOLE story... I hate just seeing the end or beginning of a movie or book...

December 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Just what I said, THATgirl! Well, if Thomas doesn't fill in the rest, I'll have to... (that was a threat, Tom... *evil laugh*)

December 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Post a Comment